Bachchan was my Father’s nom de plume. A pseudonym, a pen name, a fictitious name used when working for a particular social cause. It emanated from his Mother, my Grand Mother, who lovingly called him ‘bachcha’, or child.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
From Amitabh Bachchan, in his own words, on his blog:
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
There is always some reason for the stocks to rise and fall. I am always mystified by the surety with which the columnists come up with why the stock fell or rose on a particular day. The following is a collection of reasons with links to the actual articles
- Market Bounces Back as Energy Stocks Rise (8/19/09)
- Indian Stocks Fall on Monsoon, China Concerns (8/19)
- Major U.S. stocks indexes tumbled by the biggest amount in six weeks Monday as investors feared they have been too quick in betting on an economic rebound during the market's five-month rally (8/17)
- Stocks retreat as investors worry about consumer spending (8/15)
- U.S. stocks leapt higher Wednesday as investors scooped up bank stocks after a pullback in the sector to start the week (8/12).
- U.S. stocks on Tuesday closed lower for a second day, ... with investors cautious one day ahead of the Federal Reserve's policy statement. (8/11)
- US Stocks Edge Lower As Traders Lock In Profits (8/10)
- Stocks slipped Wednesday as investors shied away from big moves ahead of the government's monthly reading on job losses and the unemployment rate, which comes out before the start of trading on Friday (8/5)