Sunday, October 22, 2006

DON - B+

The reason I went to this movie was Farhan Akhtar. I am a big fan after his DCH (Who isnt;)). I watched his 2nd movie Lakshya and I liked it too. I havent seen Amitatabh's DON, but was aware of its cult status. I managed to watch 3/4 of that movie's telugu remake: Yugandhar (No, I wasnt named after that movie. The movie was released 2 yrs after I was born)

To put my opinion in a sentence, The movie didnt meet my expectations. May be I had high expectations for Farhan. I felt the same watching its preview during Munna bhai. Its all cool and clean but the punch was missing. I loved hearing to the movie's songs.

Here are the movies negatives:
I felt the movie could be a little shorter in duration, and could use much more comedy.

And Positives:
Sharukh was awesome. I think no body else could do justice to this role other than Amitabh. The screenplay was way above bollywood's standard.

To sum it up: I wouldnt regret watching this one. I would recommend this movie to anyone who wants to watch a decent, clean, fun hindi movie.

Rating: B+

1 comment:

  1. I have not seen this version, but the original is a class act

    ReplyDelete

IPL Players - Where are they from?